Visit the ruins of Pompeii and discover the secrets hidden under the ashes following the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD.
Having picked you up at your hotel or in the Sorrentino port, we hit the road Northwards towards Pompeii, where we will arrive after approximately 50 minutes.
We'll take in one of the world's most famous archaeological sites, and see up close the effects of Vesuvius' wrath. Following the eruption in 79 AD, the city remained forgotten and buried until it was rediscovered in the 16th century.
During the tour we will visit some of Pompeii's main attractions, which have been excavated from the ashes. We'll make our way to the forum to learn about the Roman meeting place, where business was done in this period.
As we pass through the ruins of Pompeii we'll discover what day to day life was like for locals, as well as admiring the thermal baths we will see the remains of public buildings such as the brothel. This old bordello has become famous for its erotic frescoes.
You are sure to be surprised by the contrasts between the spine-tingling scenes of the citizens who remained trapped beneath the ashes and the majesty of the houses of the wealthiest families, such as the House of the Vetti.
Before hitting the road back to Sorrento, you will have about 15 minutes of free time to buy a souvenir or have a quick bite to eat.
The tour finishes back at Sorrento's hotels around 2:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 21 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Young adults over 17||Children under 17|
|Pompeii Day Trip||
Pompeii Day Trip
Young adults over 17US$ 41.80
Children under 17Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and driop off at your hotel.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line tickets to the Pompeii archaeological site.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.