Discover the friendly creatures living in the waters of the Strait of Gibraltar! Set sail from Tarifa and enjoy watching whales and dolphins in their natural habitat.
Whale Watching in Tarifa: what to expect?
One of the main attractions of Tarifa is the possibility to spot different marine mammals living in the wild. The waters of the Strait of Gibraltar are home to a huge range of sealife, amongst which there are three different species of dolphin: the common dolphin, the striped dolphin and the bottlenose dolphin; and different species of whales like sperm whales, pilot whales and fin whales.
After meeting at Tarifa port, you'll board a boat which will take you to sea for your whale and dolphin watching adventure. During the cruise, you'll be able to observe how these curious creatures near the boat, swim and play alongside it. An unforgettable memory!
What's more, your expert biologist guides will help you to identify the animals in the sea and explain fascinating facts about them.
- This activity is subject to weather conditions. In the case that departure times change, you'll be contacted and informed of the new timings.
- If the activity cannot go ahead because of unfavourable weather conditions, you'll be offered the possibility of moving your whale watching trip to another date.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Whale watching trip
Children between 5 and 14 years oldUS$ 40.60
Children between 1 and 4 years oldUS$ 40.60
Pensioners or disabled peopleUS$ 33.90
Children under 1 year oldUS$ 11.30
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Whale watching boat cruise.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Tarifa).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
Calle Alcalde Juan Núñez.