Explore the fortified city, which houses a large medieval citadel declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with this Carcassonne Day Trip from Toulouse. You can visit at your leisure and discover beautiful views.
Carcassonne Day Trip
At 9:30 am we'll meet at 27 Allée Jean Jaurès in Toulouse and head to Carcassonne, located just one hour away.
Once we arrive at this picturesque medieval town, you'll have six hours of free time to enjoy both the cuisine and the beautiful old town at your leisure. We'll also give you a brochure in English with a map and discounts for the main museums and monuments in this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You're bound to be surprised by the gigantic walls around the city, designed to protect the legendary secrets of the Cathars. In the intramural area, you'll find the Castle of Carcassonne, which is one of the most historic fortresses in the French region of Occitanie.
It's also worth taking a walk through the old town to visit outstanding monuments including the Basilica of Sainte-Nazaire, with its Romanesque and Gothic elements. You can also visit the area outside the walls and see the old medieval entrances, such as the Porte Narbonnaise and the Porte de l'Aude.
In the afternoon, we'll meet in the centre of Carcassonne to return to Toulouse. Arrival at the starting point is scheduled for 5:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Students up to 26 years oldUS$ 20
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 20
Children under 3 years oldFree
Transport by bus.
English brochure with a map of Carcassonne with discounts for its main museums and monuments.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Allée Jean Jaurès, 27.