Witness one of the most unique landscapes in the world when you take this fantastic trip to the Salar de Uyuni. You will stroll through the planet's largest salt flat and watch the sun setting over this magical landscape.
Salar de Uyuni Trip
We will pick you up from Avenida Colón, 529 at the scheduled time, before heading to the Uyuni salt flat, one of the most famous landscapes in the world. During the journey, we will make a brief stop at the "train cemetery", full of rusty locomotives where time sees to stood still since the 1940s.
We will stop in Colchani, the town located on the edge of the salt flat where we visit a salt processing plant and learn about the main properties of this product, and the artisanal wares which are made from it.
At midday, we enter this enormous salt flat which is the same size as Hawaii's 'Big Island'. Amazingly, this is home to 60% of the world's lithium. As we tour the salt flat, we will witness the process of salt extraction and enjoy a delicious local meal in this unique natural environment.
Once we have regained our strength, we will visit Incahuasi Island, famous for its giant cacti, before visiting isla Incahuasi island, famous for its giant cacti. Here you'll have 40 minutes of free time to take photos to be the envy of your friends
The finishing touch to this brilliant adventure is watching the glowing rays of sunset being reflected in the salt flat. This is a sight you will never forget!
We will return to the hotels in Uyuni at around 7 pm.
8 hours - 10 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Transport by jeep
Food and drink
Bottle of water
Entry to Isla Incahuasi: US$ 4 per person
When to book?
You can book up until 4 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Varies according to the attraction included. Accessible toilets. Paid wheelchair loan service available. This must be indicated in the reservation.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- The activity helps the conservation of biodiversity.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- The activity helps vulnerable groups.
- The activity promotes local production.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions
Avenida Colón, 529.