Explore one of Valencia's most spectacular natural environments, the labyrinthine St Joseph's Caves, and enjoy a boat trip on Europe's longest underground river. What are you waiting for?
Valencia Caves Day Trip Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Valencia city centre at around 9:30 am, and set off towards the north, in the direction of Vall de Uxó, a town near Castellón where the famous cave system - the biggest in the region - is located. After around an hour's drive, you'll arrive at St Joseph's Caves, or the Coves de Sant Josep, in Valencian.
To explore the cave system in depth, you'll climb on board a boat and sail down the longest subterranean river in Europe. Enjoy a 35 minute cruise on the underground waterway, marvelling at the enormous galleries, passing under dramatic stalactites and visiting spaces like "The Cathedral" and the "Bat Room".
Following your boat trip, you'll continue your adventure on foot, learning all about the origins of the caves and their evolution over the course of history. After making the most of your time at St Joseph's Caves, you'll return to your hotel in Valencia.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 7 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 7 and 10 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 7 and 10 years oldUS$ 42.50
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Boat trip in St Joseph's Caves.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).