Enjoy a boat trip around the Venetian Lagoon's most famous islands, Burano, Murano and Torcello. On this tour you will get an overview of these three jewels of the city in a way both economical and comfortable!
Burano, Murano and Torcello Tour Itinerary
Leaving from a pier next to St Mark's Square, the tour embarks onto a traditional Venetian boat to set sail northwards across the lagoon, passing alongside San Giorgio Maggiore and The Lido.
Once in Murano, possibly the most famous island of the three due to its world-renowned Murano glass, you'll see the inside of a glass workshop. There you'll enjoy a glass blowing demonstration, showing you how these tiny masterpieces are made following the very same techniques as eight centuries ago.
Having finished the visit to Murano we make our way to Burano, one of the most picturesque spots on the Venetian Lagoon. You'll sail its old canals and walk its narrow streets lined with the famous coloured houses. According to legend, the fishermen who originally lived on the island painted them this way to find their way home on foggy days.
Then you'll have free time to tour the lace shops (or merletto as it's known in Burano) for which the island has been famous ever since medieval times. Then we take a boat to Torcello, the oldest island on the Venetian Lagoon. Our multilingual expert will explain the origin story of this oldest of islands, which at the height of its splendour was more populated than Venice itself. Today Torcello is a beautiful, peaceful, retreat where you can still find its decadent and authentic air. Here you can explore its streets, and visit places such as Attila's Throne and the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta where you can find one of the oldest and most beautiful mosaics in this part of Venice.
In Torcello you'll also have the opportunity to try the best of Venetian cuisine, as the tour stops in a restaurant on the island to enjoy a glass of wine with some cicchetti, typical appetisers from Venice (not included).
Then our tour to Burano, Murano and Torcello ends, taking the boat back to the Riva degli Schiavioni, in the centre of Venice, for around 6:00 pm.
When making your reservation, please select one of the following meeting points:
Santa Lucia Pier: (Ponte della Costituzione) next to the KFC restaurant at the Santa Lucia Station, leaving at 12 pm.
Riva degli Schiavioni Pier: in front of Palazzo Cornoldi, 10 minutes walking from St. Mark's Square and leaving at 12:30 pm.
If you would like to spend longer in Burano and Murano, enjoying their attractions to the fullest, we recommend that you reserve our morning excursion.
The tour ends at Riva degli Schiavioni. If you would prefer to reserve a transfer to the train station, you can do so on the day of the tour, paying 5 euros to your local escort.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10|
US$ 22.50 US$ 11.30
US$ 11.30 US$ 5.60
AdultsUS$ 22.50 US$ 11.30
Children under 10US$ 11.30 US$ 5.60
* The price increases on the 31 July
4 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Boat trip on the Vanecian Lagoon.
Multilingual escort during the boat trip.
Visit to a glassblowers in Murano.
Visit to a lace workshop in Burano.
50% discount on the official ticket price.
Entry to monuments.
Glass of wine and appetizer in Torcello (approximately €7).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (1:50 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will we go to the Merletto Museum during the Burano tour?
A - No, in Burano we'll visit a lace workshop.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).