Discover the history of the Franciscans who arrived in New Spain when you take this fantastic trip to Naolinco. We will trace the footsteps of the missionaries as we make our way through some spectacular countryside.
Naolinco Franciscan Route Tour
Between 8 am and 8:20 am, we will pick you up at your hotel in Veracruz, before starting our two and a half hour journey through the beautiful Naolinco Mountain Range.
Along the way, we will make several stops to visit iconic monuments, such as the Fortress of Xalapa and other Franciscan Churches. The professional guide will tell you all about when the Franciscan order arrived in New Spain and many other fascinating facts.
We then continue driving until we reach the town of Naolinco, where we will get off the minibus for a guided tour of "the jewel of Veracruz". We will stroll through its picturesque streets and visit the most important locations, such as the House of Culture and the church of San Mateo.
After the guided tour of Naolinco, you will enjoy one hour of your own free time to have lunch (not included) at one of the local restaurants. This is a great opportunity to taste the rich and varied gastronomy.
Feeling recharged, we then head to Naolinco Market, where you can buy some brilliant handmade souvenirs to take home.
Our tour ends when we return to your hotel in Veracruz, arriving between 8 pm and 8:20 pm.
Departure from Boca del Río
This tour departs from Veracruz but we also offer the same trip departing from Boca del Rio.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 2 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the places visited on the itinerary.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).