White sand, crystal-clear water, coral reefs and a mangroves lagoon; explore Kwale Island with this day trip.
Kwale Island Day Trip
We'll come and pick you up from your hotel in Stone Town between 7 and 7:30 am ready to head to the port in the capital of Zanzibar. Here, you'll board a traditional boat, known as a dhow, and we'll set sail to the south.
You'll be able to admire the incredible views of the Indian Ocean as we sail to Kwale Island, a picturesque location in Tanzania. Here, you'll have time to relax on the glorious white-sand beaches and take a dip in the water.
You'll even see a baobab tree that's over 100 years old- you're sure to be impressed! Next we'll take you to visit an area with many mangroves. These curious rocky formations rise up from an emerald green lagoon and you'll even see coral reefs!
After this impressive site, you'll enjoy a delicious local lunch with grilled seafood. Do you fancy trying the island's typical lobster? We hope you're hungry!
We'll finish this day trip to Kwale Island by sailing back to Stone Town and returning to your hotel at around 5:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 10 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 10 years oldUS$ 70
Children under 6 years oldFree
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an airconditioned bus.
Lunch and a drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).