Explore two of the most important places in Zanzibar on this tour of Stone Town and Prison Island. There's so much to be discovered.
Stone Town & Prison Island Tour
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Stone Town between 8 and 8:30 am, and from there we'll head to the historic centre ready to start our guided walking tour.
We'll take you along the streets of Stone Town, explaining the history and architecture of some of the most emblematic sights. One of the buildings you'll see is the House of Wonders, which now houses the Museum of History and Culture of Zanzibar and the Swahili Coast. You'll also see the Palace Museum, the Old Fort and Anglican Cathedral, where we'll stop to admire the monument to the slaves.
After our walking tour of Stone Town, we'll head to the port and take a 20-minute boat ride to Prison Island. Originally used as a prison for rebellious slaves, this island later became a quarantine station for cases of yellow fever. These days, however, it is an idyllic tourist resort which is home to a collection of endangered giant tortoises!
Finally, we'll return to Stone Town and we'll take you back to your hotel at around 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 10 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 10 years oldUS$ 37
Children under 6 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
Entrance to the monuments.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).