Tranquil lakes, scenic mountains and dramatic glaciers: embrace the magnificent scenery of the Swiss Alps on this day trip to Grindelwald and Interlaken from Zurich.
Grindelwald & Interlaken Day Trip Itinerary
After meeting your guide at the Silhquai Bus Terminal in central Zurich, you'll embark on your tour through the Bernese Oberland, or Highlands. You'll drive through the beautiful city of Lucerne on your way to Interlaken, a picturesque town which owes its name to its location nestled between two lakes: Thun and Brienz. Enjoy a brief bus tour to introduce you to the main sights here before continuing onwards to Grindelwald. Also known as Glacier Village, this small town is characterised by its spectacular mountain scenery.
On arrival in Grindelwald, your guide will give you the train tickets for your journey back to Interlaken, alongside detailed information about the train station locations and timetables. You'll then have three hours of free time, when you'll be left to explore Grindelwald at your own pace. We recommend taking the cable car up to the viewpoint on Mount First to make the most of the unparalleled views of the Swiss Alps from over 7,100 feet (2,100 metres) above sea level: you'll be left speechless by the incredible mountains, glaciers and lakes around you. There will also be time to visit the traditional handicraft shops found in the town and to indulge in a typical lunch of local delicacies.
At the agreed time, you should make your way to Grindelwald train station to catch the train back to Interlaken. During the train journey, which takes 36 minutes, you'll travel through incomparable natural landscapes and past pretty Alpine villages like Zweilütschinen and Wilderswil.
Once you've reached Interlaken, you'll have another two hours of free time to spend as you wish. Do some shopping in the typical watch and chocolate shops, enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Brienz or, if you haven't had enough of the incredible scenery, hop onto a cable car up to the peak of Harder Kulm, whose observation point will give you bird's eye views over the lakes and mountains for which Switzerland is famous.
At the end of the day, you'll meet back up with your guide in the centre of Interlaken, ready for the return bus journey to Zurich.
- The price of this tour includes tickets for the train between Grindelwald and Interlaken. Any activities that you choose to do in each city are not included and should be paid apart.
- The First and Harder Kulm viewpoints are closed during the winter months (usually May to October for first, and end of April to beginning of November for Harder Kulm, subject to weather conditions).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 51.60
Children under 6 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transport by air conditioned coach.
English speaking guide.
Ticket for train between Grindelwald and Interlaken.
Entrance to attractions in Grindelwald and Interlaken.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Zurich local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Sihlquai bus terminal.