Tulum and Cobá are perhaps the only two archaeological sites which can hold a candle to Chichén Itzá, the former a paradise on the Caribbean coast and the latter hidden in the heart of the jungle.
Tulum and Coba Tour
Picking you up from your hotel first thing in the morning of our excursion, we'll head south to Tulum, a Mayan city that's approximately 700 years old. Tulum is known for its beautiful views, making it one of the most popular photo spots in the country. On this tour we'll dig a little deeper taking a closer look at its archaeological remains all the while learning about its legendary history. After exploring the ancient Mayan citadel, we'll head to Tulum Beach to take in the spectacular views of the Caribbean.
Our tour will continue onwards, hitting the road to the Cobá archaeological site, one of the major constructions, and oldest cities, of the ancient Mayan civilisation. We'll tour the lagoons and cenotes of Cobá, and there'll even be time to take a dip in a cenote - don't forget your swimsuit! We'll then climb to the top of the historic city's most emblematic monument: Nohoch Mul, the tallest Mayan pyramid on the Yucatan Peninsula. From its summit, we'll have incomparable views over the surrounding ancient ruins and lush jungle.
After visiting some of the most important areas of the archaeological site, it'll be time to eat. A delicious local lunch awaits us! But don't forget to leave room for dessert: after our meal, we'll enjoy a Mayan chocolate experience, discovering the secrets and history of a product that was entwined in the pre-Columbian culture.
Before dropping you back off in Cancun, we'll make one final stop in Playa del Carmen, where you'll have free time to explore the shops on Quinta Avenida. We'll head back to hotels at 9:30 pm.
Hotel pick up
This trip includes hotel pick up from the following hotels in Cancun:
If your hotel is not on this list, we'll give you a meeting point for pick up.
You can also book this tour to Tulum and Cobá leaving from Riviera Maya.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
Non-Mexican AdultsUS$ 63
Mexican AdultsUS$ 59
Non-Mexican Children (4 - 11 years old)US$ 57
Mexican Children (4 - 11 years old)US$ 52
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line entry to Tulum archaeological site.
Skip the line entry to Cobá archaeological site.
Mayan chocolate experience.
Life jacket (approx 2 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.