Thinking about visiting the Los Glaciares National Park? Before you do, you should visit the Glaciarium, a place where you can find out all about the origins of Patagonian glaciers. Discover it all at the Glacier Interpretation Centre!
When you book this activity, you can choose between two different options, whichever suits you best!
The Glaciarium is the perfect way to learn about the origins of Patagonian glaciers. You'll visit two halls that provide a range of information about Patagonian ice. You'll listen to the sound of melting ice, admire photographs of glaciers taken by Argentinian and foreign photographers, interact with screens showing the problems caused by climate change in places like the Upsala glacier and much more.
You'll even fly over the glaciers in the Glaciarium cinema! The film is usually about two hours long, but you can watch it for as long as you want.
Entrance to the Glaciarium + Ice Bar
Do you want to complete your trip? If you book this option, there's a treat in store for you after your visit to the Glaciarium. You'll head underground to an ice bar. You'll experience temperatures of 10 degrees below zero surrounded by frozen furniture all made of ice!
You'll have 25 minutes to enjoy the Ice Bar with an open bar of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with different snacks.
Once you've booked, you'll be able to visit the Glaciarium at any time during the following opening times:
- January to August: 11 am to 7 pm (last entry is one hour before closing).
- September to December: 11 am to 8 pm (last entry is one hour before closing).
There'll be a free transfer service, which will take you from the centre of El Calafate to the Glaciarium. You'll have to go to the meeting point (located at Calle 1 de Mayo) at any time to take this transport. The return transport departs from the interpretation centre to El Calafate every half an hour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 70% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
AdultsUS$ 20 US$ 13.60
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 8 US$ 7.15
Children under 6Free
under 3not admitted
Glaciarium Ticket + Ice Bar
AdultsUS$ 28 US$ 19.25
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 12.85
Children under 6Free
under 3not admitted
2 hours - .
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Ice Bar entry (optional).
Lockers for bags.
32% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you must print to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Calle 1 de mayo, El Calafate