Take an unforgettable glacier cruise on the Argentinian Lake, where you'll see the most spectacular glaciers in Patagonia up close. An impressive sight that's sure to leave a lasting impression.
The tour leaves from La Soledad port first thing in the morning. From here we'll begin our cruise taking in the glaciers of the Argentinian Lake.
Our yacht will tour the main points in the Glaciers National Park, first of all, the "Dry Glacier", one that's shrinking, with a spit of land sticking out, vegetation working hard to form a passage among the ice.
The tour then continues, admiring the Heim and Spegazzini Glaciers - the sheer walls of this mass of rock and ice are certainly its most impressive part at 135 metres tall.
Then we'll disembark from the cruise in Puesto de Las Vacas, to enjoy a 40-minute hike where your guide will immerse you in the history and stories of the region: all to the stunning backdrop of the unparalleled Patagonian landscape.
With our walk over, we'll get up close and personal with the Upsala Glacier. With a surface area of 870 square kilometres, it's the third largest glacier in the Southern Hemisphere. From the boat you'll be able to see its incredible expanse of ice, which is even used by the armed forces which are deployed in Antarctica.
Stunned still by this colossal wall of ice, you'll enjoy a delicious lunch on board, before navigating the Canal de los Témpanos, until we get to the north of the Perito Moreno glacier, the cherry on the cake in this captivating excursion on the Patagonian rivers of ice.
Finally, having disembarked again in the La Soledad port at about 5 pm, we'll say goodbye, or accompany you back to your hotel, depending on the option you have reserved.
Hotel Pick Up in El Calafate
If you choose this option we will pick you up from your hotel in El Calafate at the indicated time, and take you back once our tour is over.
- The boat captain may change the itinerary depending on weather conditions.
- The excursion does not include entry to the Los Glaciares National Park. This ticket costs 700 pesos (€16) for adults, or for children between 6 and 12 150 pesos (€4). Entry is free for children under 6. You must pay this fee in the local currency.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 16 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Frozen River Excursion||
|Frozen River Excursion + Transfers||
Frozen River Excursion
Children between 5 and 16 years oldUS$ 95
Children under 5 years oldFree
Frozen River Excursion + Transfers
Children between 5 and 16 years oldUS$ 120
Children under 5 years oldFree
* The price increases on the 31 December
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Pick up and drop off at hotel (optional).
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Boat tour of the glaciers of Argentino Lake.
Lunch on board.
Entrance to Los Glaciares National Park (700 pesos, €15, $17) in the local currency.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:15 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Does this tour include walking on the walkways opposite the glacier?
A - No, walking on the walkways is not included as part of this activity.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Puerto La Soledad.