Discover the colonial history of Antigua Guatemala, immerse yourself in indigenous culture at Chichicastenango Market and surrender to the beauty of Lake Atitlán: experience the best of Guatemala on this four-day tour package!
Guatemala 4 Day Tour Package
Day 1: Guatemala City
On the first day of your tour, we'll pick you up from the airport in Guatemala City and take you to the hotel where you'll spend the next three days. Depending what time your flight arrives, you'll have time to explore the city at your own pace or just relax.
Day 2: Antigua Guatemala
Ready for your adventure? On the morning of day two, you'll be picked up from the hotel and we'll set off on our journey to Antigua Guatemala, which takes around 50 minutes.
Arriving in this picturesque city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the former capital of Guatemala, you'll be enchanted by its vibrantly coloured colonial houses and the volcanoes surrounding it.
We'll visit Parque Central, the main square of Antigua Guatemala and a popular meeting place surrounded by important historic buildings, as well as the Cathedral of San José and the iconic yellow La Merced Church. Of course, we'll also make a stop at the Santa Catalina Arch, one of the most emblematic sights in the city. Do you know what this arch was originally used for?
At the end of our guided tour of Antigua Guatemala, we'll make a stop for you to renew your energy with a delicious meal (not included). We'll then return to Guatemala City where we'll embark on a tour of the current capital's historic centre. Admire the Plaza de la Constitución, home to the Cathedral and the National Palace of Culture, before we head back to the hotel to rest ready for the next day.
Day 3: Chichicastenango & Lake Atitlán
Bright and early, we'll pick you up from your hotel and we'll embark on our journey to Chichicastenango, a town located in the Guatemalan Highlands around two hours and 40 minutes drive away from the capital. A K'iche' Maya cultural centre, Chichicastenango is famous for its traditional market.
We'll visit the lively market, as well as the historic Santo Tomás Church, where you'll see first hand the mix of indigenous religious beliefs and Catholicism left in this region after colonisation. You'll then have time to eat lunch before we hop back onto our bus for the journey to Lake Atitlán, considered one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. After admiring the spectacular panoramic views of the Tolimán, Atitlán and San Pedro Volcanoes that tower over the sparkling waters, we'll make the return journey to hotels in Guatemala City.
Day 4: Guatemala City
On the final day of our four-day sightseeing tour of Guatemala, we'll drop you back off at Guatemala City Airport with plenty of time so you can catch your flight.
What do I need for this tour?
To do this tour, all you need is a flight arriving in Guatemala City. The tour can start on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and lasts four days. Therefore, if you arrive in Guatemala City on a Tuesday, you'll need your next journey booked for the Friday of the same week.
This four day tour includes three nights' accommodation in Guatemala City. When making your reservation, you can choose a hotel of 3, 4 or 5 star category. The planned accommodation is the following:
- 3 star Hotel: Stofella Hotel or similar.
- 4 star Hotel: Tikal Futura Hotel or similar.
- 5 star Hotel: Westin Camino Real Hotel or similar.
Note on prices
- The price indicated is per person sharing a double room.
- If travelling with children, there is a price reduction for children under 11 years old provided they sleep on an extra bed within the adults' room.
Hotel pick up
The activity includes pick up from hotels in Guatemala City. Check out the list of hotels below. If you aren't staying in any of these hotels, choose the one closest to you for pick up.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
|Tour with 3 star hotels||
|Tour with 4 star hotels||
|Tour with 5 star hotels||
Tour with 3 star hotels
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 190
Tour with 4 star hotels
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 190
Tour with 5 star hotels
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 225
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Airport pick up and drop off.
Transport by car or minibus.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Three nights' hotel accommodation.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.