Immerse yourself in ancient ruins and lush jungle to discover the secrets of the Mayan pyramids on this tour of Tikal and Yaxha from Guatemala City with flights, transfers and hotel included!
Tikal & Yaxha 2 Day Tour
On the first day of your tour, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Guatemala City at 4:30 am, starting our Mayan adventure bright and early. We'll head to La Aurora International Airport to catch our flight to Flores.
After just one hour, we'll land at Mundo Maya Airport and set off to Yaxha. Did you know that these archaeological ruins served as a set for a reality survival show?
Yaxha is sure to captivate you with its more than 500 different structures including nine temple pyramids, thirteen altars and two Mesoamerican ballcourts, and the roads that connected the ancient Mayan city. The crumbling stone ruins are surrounded by abundant jungle and spectacular lagoons which provide a clue as to the city's Mayan name!
Having explored this monumental complex to our heart's content, we'll make a stop to eat (food not included), before heading to Flores to relax at the hotel for the next day's adventure.
After a hearty breakfast at the hotel to kick our day off to an energised start, we'll embark on our hour and fifteen minute journey to Tikal National Park.
Arriving at the park, we'll begin our tour by walking through the jungle to the Mayan ruins of Tikal. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this archaeological site has over 2000 years of legendary history. You'll discover its secrets thanks to your English speaking guide as you explore, climbing up the steps up to the Temple of the Great Jaguar, which towers above the treetops at over 150 feet (47 metres) tall, and the Temple of the Mask, at 125 feet (38 metres) tall.
We'll spend three hours walking around the park, learning all about Mayan civilisation as we admire the ancient city, one of the largest in the region. What happened in the 10th century that lead to the cities being abandoned? Was it a famine, rebellion, or something else that put an end to this incredible civilisation? Your guide will reveal all on the tour!
At the end of our guided tour of the archaeological ruins, we'll take a well-earned break to eat. We'll then return to Flores airport to catch our flight back to Guatemala City, where you'll then be dropped off at your hotel.
This two day tour includes one nights' accommodation in Flores. When making your reservation, you can choose a hotel of 3 or 4 star category. The planned accommodation is the following:
- 3 star hotel: El Patio Hotel or similar.
- 4 star hotel: Casona del Lago Hotel or similar.
Note on prices
- The price indicated is per person sharing a double room. There is a supplementary charge to stay alone.
- If travelling with children, there is a price reduction for children under 11 years old provided they sleep on an extra bed within the adults' room. There is a maximum of two children with two adults per double room.
We recommend booking your tour well in advance as the tour depends on the availability of flights between Guatemala City and Flores. If there are no places available on the flights corresponding to your tour dates, we'll offer you alternative dates or a full refund of the tour price.
Hotel pick up
The activity includes pick up from hotels in Guatemala City. Check out the list of hotels below. If you aren't staying in any of these hotels, choose the one closest to you for pick up.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11 years old|
|Tour with 3 star hotels||
|Tour with 4 star hotels||
Tour with 3 star hotels
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 515
Tour with 4 star hotels
Children under 11 years oldUS$ 515
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Domestic flights between Guatemala City and Flores.
Transport by car or minibus.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Entry to Tikal.
Entry to Yaxha.
One night's hotel accommodation with breakfast.
Lunch on day 2: includes one main dish.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.