Discover Guatemala's history with this detailed tour of Guatemala City and Antigua Guatemala. You'll get to know the old colonial town and the modern side of Guatemala.
Guatemala History Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Guatemala City at 8 am and head to the old colonial town of Guatemala.
After approximately an hour, we'll arrive in the centre of Antigua Guatemala and our first stop will be the Central Park. Here we'll encounter the Palacio de Los Capitanes Generales (Governor's Palace), the old city council and San José Church which was previously the city's cathedral.
You'll have the chance to have your photo taken beside the famous Fountain of the Mermaids, originally built in 1739 and inspired by the Neptune Fountain in Bologna, Italy. It was created based on the popular myth that the water in the fountain represents purity, while the mermaid represents temptation and sin.
Next, we'll visit another cathedral in Antigua Guatemala, known as the Second Cathedral, and admire the contrast between the baroque facade and smooth columns.
We'll stop to sample a traditional dish at a local restaurant (not included), and then head to the modern city where we'll take a tour around Guatemala City.
During this visit around the modern district, we'll walk down the Avenida Las Américas until we reach the city centre. Here we'll see some governmental buildings, including the Supreme Court, the Finance Ministry, the city council and the Bank of Guatemala.
We'll finish off the tour by exploring the Plaza Mayor de la Constitución where we'll also find the Catedral Metropolitana.
We'll head back to the hotels in Guatemala city at approximately 5:30 pm.
Children under 3 years old travel free and don't require a reservation.
Hotel pick up
The activity includes pick up from hotels in Guatemala City. Check out the list of hotels below. If you aren't staying in any of these hotels, choose the one closest to you for pick up.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 55
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.