Discover the fascinating secrets of the Minoan civilisation exploring the ancient Palace of Knossos with an expert English-speaking guide. Unmissable!
Palace of Knossos Guided Tour
After meeting your guide at the selected time at the Palace of Knossos, you'll begin exploring this ancient residence of King Minos. The palace complex is formed of more than 1500 interconnected rooms, a confusing structure that will no doubt remind of you of the Minotaur's Labyrinth...
Discover the legend of the mythological being that terrorised the Cretans thousands of years ago. Who shut him in the labyrinth? What did he eat? Who killed him and how?
As you delve into the island's mythical past, you'll wander through the chambers of the royal family, the sanctuaries and the rooms that were home to the treasures of Crete. The Palace of Knossos is the most significant vestige of the Minoan civilisation, considered to be the most sophisticated ancient culture in Europe.
One particular example of the civilisation's advanced development is the palace's complex sewage and water system. You'll also get to see the original throne of King Minos, which remains standing even 3,500 years later. After making the most of your tour around the Palace of Knossos and admiring its spectacular frescoes, your visit will come to an end.
Heraklion Archaeological Museum
This tour includes the entrance ticket to the Heraklion Archaeological Museum, which you can visit at your own leisure whenever you want.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Guided tour of the Palace of Knossos.
Entrance ticket to Palace of Knossos.
Entrance ticket to Heraklion Archeological Museum.
When to book?
You can book up until 5 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
Palace of Knossos.