Live two unique experiences in Puerto Escondido: free recently hatched turtles in Bacocho beach, and enjoy the spectacle of bioluminescence in the Manialtepec lagoon.
Puerto Escondido Turtle Release
Having picked you up from your hotel, we'll hit the road towards Puerto Escondido. After two and a half hours, we'll arrive at Bacocho beach, one of the largest on the Oaxacan coast.
Here you'll experience one of the most magical days on your visit to Mexico: freeing recently hatched turtles and helping them to the sea. There are three types of turtle native to Oaxaca which are in danger of extinction, and you'll have the opportunity to give nature a helping hand. At sunset, on a dreamlike beach, this is a special moment sure to stay with you forever.
Then we'll continue our route, visiting the most important places in Puerto Escondido, beginning with the Zicatela and Adoquinado viewpoints.
Then we'll make our way to the Manialtepec Lagoon, where the second magical experience of the day awaits you. We'll climb aboard a boat which will take us out onto the lagoon, where you'll be able to see first hand the natural phenomenon of bioluminescence!
Unknown by many, this phenomenon is caused by microorganisms, trapped in the water, which give off a light when they come into contact with moving objects. The result is an eerie spectacle, like shooting stars beneath the sea. You can swim in the lagoon, and see your own bodies lit up by the light of these organisms, as if by magic!
Our tour ends back at the hotels of Huatulco.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per PersonUS$ 56.20
9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (4:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).