The beautiful wilderness of the Ballestas Islands is a natural paradise. Discover the Humboldt penguins and seals that live there on this tour from Ica.
Ballestas Islands Tour
Between 6:30 am and 7 am on the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in the Ica-Huacachina area, ready to explore one of the wild archipelagos of the Pacific Ocean. After around an hour's drive by bus, you'll arrive at the port in Paracas. Once kitted out with life jackets, you'll hop on board a speed boat to begin your two hour cruise around the Ballestas Islands.
During your speed boat tour, you'll sail along the coast of the Paracas peninsula, giving you excellent views of the enigmatic Candelabra of the Andes, a prehistoric geoglyph carved into the hillside, dating back to 2000 BC. Just like the famous Nazca Lines, the Candelabra remains shrouded in mystery despite many theories surrounding its origins and meanings.
Continue sailing onwards to the Ballestas Islands themselves. Cruising around the coastlines of the archipelago, you'll be up close and personal with the incredible ecosystem that thrives here. Keep your eyes peeled for the Humboldt penguins waddling on the rocks and the seals basking in the sun. You'll also see many different bird species native to the isles.
At the end of your tour, you'll cruise back to Paracas, before making the return journey by bus to your hotel. You'll be dropped back off at around 12 pm.
Staying in Paracas?
If you'd prefer, you can also reserve this Ballestas Islands Tour with pick up from Paracas.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 37.50
Children between 3 and 5 years oldFree
Children under 3not permitted
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
Speed boat between Paracas port and the Ballestas Islands.
English speaking guide on board.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.