Explore Malaga's historic centre with a local guide. Get to know its most important streets and monuments in a fun and entertaining way. What's more, it's FREE!
Free Walking Tour of Malaga
Setting off from Plaza de la Marina, your tour will start with a stroll through the main streets of the Andalusian city. Here you'll see one of its most iconic symbols, the bronze statue dedicated to the 'cenachero', the fishermen who would at one time hawk their wares in the city streets.
You'll continue your wander up the pedestrianised Calle Larios, one of the Costa del Sol's most famous shopping streets. After reaching Plaza de la Constitución, your next stop will be Plaza del Obispo, where you'll get to see Malaga Cathedral up close and discover why it's popularly known as 'La Manquita', or the 'One-Armed Lady'. From here, you'll head to Plaza de la Merced to see the Picasso Birthplace Museum.
The tour will then make its way down Calle Alcazabilla, where you can admire the ancient remains of Malaga's Roman Theatre, before you finish your tour by the Alcazaba. This Moorish palace-fortress, alongside the Almería Alcazaba and the Granada Alhambra, is an important part of the legacy of Al-Andalus.
If you’re travelling with a group of over 6 people, please book a private tour. Groups with over 6 people will not be allowed to participate in the Free Walking Tour of Malaga.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaza de la Marina.