On this day trip we'll explore two of Mexico's oldest cities, Puebla and Cholula, admiring the volcanoes of Iztaccíhuatl and Popocatépetl, and visiting the largest pyramid in the world.
Puebla and Cholula Day Trip Itinerary
Having picked you up we'll hit the road to the east of Mexico City, crossing the mountains by the motorway which offers spectacular views of the Iztaccíhuatl y Popocatépetl volcanoes.
Our first stop will be Cholula, the oldest continuously inhabited city in America. We'll visit the archaeological area, dominated by the Cholula Great Pyramid (Tlachihualtépetl), the biggest pyramid in the world, hidden behind an enormous mountain. Here at the peak of the pyramid, can be found the church of Our Lady of Remedies.
We'll continue our tour until we arrive at Puebla, popularly known as "The City of Angels": it's said it was created by the angels for the pleasure of the mortals.
In Puebla you'll have free time to eat and try the varied food in the region: you can't leave the city without trying mole poblano, a speciality of Puebla and one of the most representative dishes in all Mexico.
Having eaten we'll pass through the historic centre of Puebla, discovering the colonial architectural monuments for which the city has been declared World Heritage by UNESCO. The tour visits the unmissable places in Puebla: Plaza de las Armas, the Cathedral and the Santo Domino Church.
Before heading back to Mexico City we'll make one last stop in the artisanal market, where you can find beautiful pieces of fine ceramic known as Talavera pottery.
When making the reservation, you should choose one of the following collection points:
- Capital Bus Service Center, Liverpool Street # 169 (near the NH Reforma Hotel): at 6:20 am.
- Hostal Amigo (Calle Isabel la Católica, 61): at 6:50 am.
If you wish, you can book the Private Excursion from Mexico City. In this case, you'll have a guide exclusively for you and your partner, family or friends.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11||Children under 3|
Children between 3 and 11US$ 43
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transport in air conditioned bus.
Official English speaking guide.
Guided tour of Puebla.
Access to the pyramid (approximately € 3.50 (US$ 4.20))
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we take suitcases on the excursion?
A - Yes, but please contact the tour provider the day before your tour to confirm availability.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.