Get away from the bustle of Mexico City and breathe the fresh air from the peak of the Iztaccíhuatl volcano, as you admire some unbeatable views of Popocatépetl and the Mexico Valley.
Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl Volcanoes Tour Itinerary
Having picked you up at 6 am we hit the road southwards towards the Iztaccíhuatl-Popocatépetl National Park, stopping on the way for you to buy a snack to eat during the day.
We arrive at The Jewel, in the famous Paso de Cortés which connects the Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl volcanoes, from where the conquistador Hernán Cortés and his men saw the Mexican Valley for the first time on the way to Tenochtitlán (today Mexico City). From here we begin our climb up the mountain, taking a route of intermediate difficulty, allowing both beginners and experienced climbers to enjoy the ascent.
As you climb you'll take in unforgettable views of the Mexico Valley and the surrounding towns. And depending on your physical condition, you can decide where you want to climb to: the first mirador is at 3,800 metres above sea level, and the second at 4,300.
One of the major attractions on this excursion is being able to admire Popocatépetl, Mexico's second tallest volcano, surrounded by the strange smoky figures the constant volcanic activity creates.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 12 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per PersonUS$ 41.50
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Official English speaking guide.
Entry to the Popocatépetl Iztaccíhuatl national park.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How difficult is the tour?
A - The tour is 4 hours long, and climbs to 4,300 metres above sea level. The guide goes slowly, and makes stops along the way, always taking care of the guests. Should a guest be unable to continue, they can return to the van and wait for the others.
Q - Is it possible to bring suitcases?
A - Yes, they will be left at the second pick up point, at the Hostal Amigos, where they will be picked up on the way back.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Calle Liverpool, 155.