Travel through seven centuries of history in Mexico City with this Historic Centre Guided Tour. You'll visit the Cathedral, the archaeological area, the oldest hospital in the Americas and the location where Moctezuma and Cortés met.
Historic Centre Guided Tour
We'll meet at 9:30 am at the Plaza de la Constitución and begin our walking tour of Mexico City's historic centre. Our first stop will be the Templo Mayor archaeological area, where we'll find the sacred remains of the Great Temple.
Next, the tour will head into the Metropolitan Cathedral, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We'll also walk around the Plaza de la Constitución, known by the citizens as the Zócalo. Did you know that it was named after the Cadiz Constitution of 1812?
Prepare for a jump back in time to the 17th century in front of the façade of the church of Jesus the Nazarene, where the remains of Hernán Cortés rest. We'll also visit the location where he met with Moctezuma II, and where the Hospital de Jesús, the oldest hospital in America is located.
Then we'll travel to the 18th century by visiting a museum in the heart of the Valparaiso Palace, now the National Bank of Mexico. Afterwards, we'll take you to see the exterior of the Palace of Fine Arts and the National Museum of Art.
To finish the tour, we'll make one last stop at the Postal Palace, built in the 20th century. The tour will end here at 12:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Metropolitan Cathedral.
Entrance to the Valparaiso Palace Museum.
Entrance to the Postal Palace and Manuel Tolosa Square.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de la Constitución.