Spend an unforgettable day discovering the ancient Mesoamerican city of Teotihuacán: fly over millennia-old pyramids in your own private hot air balloon!
Teotihuacán Private Hot Air Balloon Flight Itinerary
Meet your guide first thing in the morning, between 5 and 6 am at the Angel of Independence monument (Ángel de la Independencia) in the heart of Mexico City. From there, you'll be taken to the takeoff area ready to experience one of the most exciting days of your life. While you wait for your hot air balloon to be prepared, enjoy a coffee to build your energy for your flight over one of Mexico's most famous archaeological sites.
Climb aboard your hot air balloon accompanied by an expert qualified pilot who will inform you of key safety procedures so you'll enjoy the hot air balloon experience as much as possible.
Spend around an hour flying over the Teotihuacán Valley, taking in the spectacular views over the archaeological site with a soundtrack of romantic music. The Avenue of the Dead, the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, the Pyramid of the Moon... you'll have ancient Mexico at your feet!
For the finishing touch on your hot air balloon flight, you'll be handed a glass of sparkling wine to toast to an unforgettable experience, as well as enjoying a delicious buffet breakfast. What's more, you'll be presented with a certificate demonstrating your flying experience - the perfect souvenir!
Back on solid ground, you'll have two hours of free time to explore Teotihuacán on foot at your own pace (entrance not included). You'll then be returned to Mexico City around 2:30 pm approximately.
Dates and times are subject to modification based on weather conditions; if any changes have to be made, you'll be notified at least 12 hours in advance.
We recommend that you reserve your ride on the first day you have available, and this way if the weather conditions are not suitable for the flight, there is time to reschedule for another day.
Group hot air balloon ride
If you'd prefer to enjoy your hot air balloon flight in a group, check out our Teotihuacán Hot Air Balloon Ride instead.
- This price is valid for people with a maximum weight of 99 kg (218 pounds). For each additional kg (2.2 pounds) weighed, there will be a supplementary charge of 50% of the flight, to be paid directly upon takeoff.
- Should adverse weather conditions mean the flight cannot take place, you will receive a refund with 420 pesos discounted as payment for transport.
- All our hot air balloons have a capacity for a maximum of 16 people.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 2 people|
|1 hour flight||
1 hour flight
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 394.50
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport from meeting point.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no other people in the group.
One hour (approx.) hot air balloon ride.
Certified pilot escort.
Coffee during the registration process (restrictions apply).
Toast with sparkling wine.
Additional food and drinks.
Entrance fee for Teotihuacán (70 pesos per person).
Guided tour of Teotihuacán.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Mexico City local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Ángel de la Independencia (Angel of Independence).