This free walking tour of Paris breathes life into "The City of Lights" and its long storied history: discovering the Louvre, the Seine and Notre Dame. And best of all is the price!
Free Walking Tour of Paris
Standing on the banks of the Seine, 'Paname' (as the locals call it) is built upon over two thousand years of history. From Gallic origins to Roman conquest, through decadence, revolution, war, occupation, liberation and more. The French capital has lived a thousand lifetimes, and hand in hand with an expert local guide you'll learn about the living history of the city.
Beginning in Place Saint-Michel, on the banks of the Seine, this free tour will take in the most emblematic sights Paris has to offer: Notre Dame Cathedral (famous throughout popular culture and one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture), The Louvre (perhaps the world's most famous museum, and home to da Vinci's Mona Lisa), Palais Justice, Musée d’Orsay, Latin Quarter and much more.
Throughout the tour, our expert guide will inform about the history of the city. From its beginnings as a medieval village to the capital of Napoleon's empire and from the French Revolution to La Belle Époque and Nazi occupation; our guides breathe life into the city and the history of Paris.
- The tour has an average length of 2.5 hours, usually ending at the Louvre Museum. However, the guides with whom we work will vary their route depending on the best interests of your group.
- This tour is designed for small groups and individual travellers. If you are a group of more than 9, please take a look at our private tours of Paris.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 5 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Next to the fountain in Place St Michel