Immerse yourself in the capital of Cape Verde with this tour of Praia, taking in its colourful streets, the beach and the African market.
Praia Guided Tour
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Praia at 9 am, and from there hit the road on the way to Plateau, the city's historic centre. From there you'll enjoy some unbeatable views of the port!
Then we'll pass by the Alexandre Albuquerque square, one of the liveliest in Praia, and home to its most important buildings. One of these is the cathedral, which occupies one of the sides of the square.
Then we'll make our way to the most popular African market in the capital of Cape Verde. The tour explores its mass of exotic stalls, before taking in the city's pedestrian streets - with the colourful buildings perfect for an Instagram-worthy photo!
Having paused to admire the National Library, we'll search out the bust of Amílcar Cabral - a poet and revolutionary who is considered the father of the country. And of course, no tour of Praia would be complete without a trip to the beach which gives it its name! In this case, the "praia" in question is Diego Alfonso Beach.
The tour then ends around midday, when we'll accompany you back to your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 11||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children from 6 to 11US$ 11.10
Children under 6Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Bus or minibus transport.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).