Explore the magnificent, colourful sea beds of San Andres with this beginner's scuba diving activity at the San Andres Barrier Reef.
Beginners Scuba Diving
We'll pick you up from your hotel in San Andrés at around 8 am and head to the diving school where we'll meet the certified instructors who will be guiding you during the activity.
Then we'll head to the beach where you'll receive instructions on how to use scuba diving equipment and techniques. Then, you'll experience the incredible sensation of diving in the Caribbean waters. Accompanied by the instructor, you'll explore a whole new world full of colour and life: fish, corals, starfish... An unforgettable experience for your first time scuba diving!
You'll be accompanied by a monitor so you can dive safely and explore the rich seabed of the San Andres reef, the third-largest barrier reef in the world. The maximum depth you'll go to will be 12 metres.
The activity will end back at your hotel at around 2 pm.
- You must be able to swim to take part in the diving class. This course does not award any diving certifications.
- After the activity, you must wait at least 24 hours before boarding an aeroplane.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||under 10|
Per personUS$ 105
under 10not admitted
3 hours - 3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Scuba diving equipment.
Beginners scuba diving experience.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.