Enormous marine iguanas, giant tortoises, sea lions, paradise beaches and incredibly diverse ecosystems... Discover why the Galapagos are known as the Enchanted Islands.
Tortuga Bay Day Trip Itinerary
After being picked up from your accommodation in the Puerto Ayora hotel zone first thing in the morning, you'll begin your day with a pleasant 40 minute walk through the forest to Bahía Tortuga - or Tortuga Bay.
Hidden in the bay and surrounded by green mangroves, you'll find the peaceful Playa Mansa. Spend the morning making the most of the beach: relax on the soft white sand and take in the sun, or swim in the crystalline azure waters of the sea.
You'll have time to eat lunch (not included) before continuing your day trip. Around 2 pm, you'll meet back up at the Tortuga Bay dock to board a motorboat which will take you out to sea to explore the island's surroundings.
Make a stop at La Lobería, a small island inhabited by sea lions. As well as having the opportunity to swim with these playful and adorable animals, you'll also be able to snorkel here to discover the amazing wealth of marine life around the Galapagos archipelago.
Continue your cruise towards the Tunnel of Love, a natural fissure between large rock formations through which flow pristine turquoise waters. At the end of the rock tunnel, you'll reach a viewpoint from which you'll be able to spot oceanic white-tipped sharks. An unforgettable experience!
After another short hike, you'll next arrive at Playa de los Perros, Spanish for Dog Beach, which is famous for being home to the largest number of marine iguanas on the isle of Santa Cruz. The last stop on your boat cruise will be the tiny beach at Punta Estrada, before you head back to the dock and finally to your hotel in Puerto Ayora.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service at around 7:45 am from the main hotels in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island: Flamingo, Red Booby, Mainao, Galapagos Suites, Fernandina, Villa Laguna, Isla Sol, SolyMar, Angermeyer and Royal Palm. The local tour provider will contact you to confirm the exact pick up time.
If your hotel is not in the above pick up area, please make your way to the meeting point at Hotel Maidith White Cove (Cucuve and Floreana Streets) for 8 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
Children under 3 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).