Discover the beauty of Cajón del Maipo in a super original way when you take our fantastic snowshoe walk through its impressive landscapes.
Snowshoe Trek through Cajon del Maipo
After picking you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, we will depart for the Andes mountain range. After traveling for an hour, we make the first stop in San José del Maipo, where we pick up the provisions for the snowshoe hike.
Before we start, the guide will give us the safety instructions so that we can enjoy the activity in the best possible way. Then, for two and a half hours, we will hike through spectacular Andean landscapes towards Lo Valdés.
Now deep into the idyllic Cajón del Maipo canyon, we will stop for a picnic lunch. We will tell you all the fascinating stories and legends surrounding the volcanoes of the area as you enjoy the stunning views.
Having regained our strength, we begin the hike back down to San José del Maipo. If you want you can try the delicious regional empanadas in a traditional bakery, accompanied by a tasty beer or juice (not included).
Our snowshoe trek through the Cajón del Maipo ends by returning to Santiago and dropping you at your hotel.
It is possible that the snowshoe trip through Cajón del Maipo may undergo alterations in adverse weather conditions.
Hotel pick up
This activity includes hotel pick up in the central districts of Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura, La Reina, Nuñoa and Barnechea. If your accommodation is not located in one of these areas, the local tour company will contact you to arrange the closest possible pick up point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 106.90
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in 4x4 vehicle or minibus.
Picnic lunch (1 sandwich, 1 fruit, 1 chocolate bar, 1 cereal bar and dried fruit).
First aid kit.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).