On this day trip to Aparecida from Sao Paulo, you'll explore the Brazilian city famous for the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, one of the biggest in the world.
Day Trip to Aparecida
At the agreed time, we'll leave Sao Paulo and head north-east, specifically to the city of Aparecida, in the valley of the River Paraíba do Sul. Did you know that each year this city welcomes thousands of pilgrims from all over the world?
On our way to the city's famous basilica, we'll first stop at Porto do Itaguaçú, where three fishermen found the image of Our Lady of Aparecida in the 18th century. Here we can see the small chapel dedicated to said virgin, which is located on the banks of the River Paraíba do Sul.
Next, we'll head to the historical centre of the city to visit the Old Basicila of Aparecida. Here, you'll have 40-minutes free time to explore at your leisure or even do a spot of shopping. From there we'll cross the Passarela da Fé, a 35-metre high walkway that connects the Old Basicila with the National Shrine. Opened in 1972, this was originally built as a means of getting between the two temples, however, the 389 metre-long walkway has become a tourist attraction in itself, with some devotees even crossing on their knees as a sign of gratitude.
It will take us around 20 minutes to make our way to the other side, and once there we'll be able to explore the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, one of the largest basilicas in the world. One of the highlights of the visit to this temple is the Sala das Promessas, which is sure to make an impression.
Later, you'll have some free time to get lunch and explore the city. You could even get the cable car, visit the Tower Museum or visit Monte das Oliveiras. Finally, we'll leave Aparecida and we'll return to the initial meeting point in Sao Paulo.
This day trip to Aparecida includes hotel pick-up from hotels within a 5 mile (8 km) radius of Praça da Sé.
If you are staying outside of this area, we'll pick you up from number 131, Rua Haddock Lobo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years||Children under 6 years|
Children between 6 and 12 yearsUS$ 35.60
Children under 6 yearsFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
Rua Haddock Lobo, 131