Enjoy a relaxing day on two of the most beautiful islands on the Venetian lagoon: Murano and Burano. On the first island, you'll see the artisanal glass blowing which still goes on to this day.
Murano and Burano Day Trip Itinerary
After meeting at 10 am on a central pier in Venice, we'll climb aboard our boat, which will cruise the Venetian Lagoon on a tour lasting approximately four hours.
Following a brief boat trip, where our multilingual expert will explain the history of the Lagoon, we'll make our first stop on the picturesque island of Murano. Here we'll visit a glass blowing workshop, learning about the process by which they have made Murano's star product for centuries, making lamps, figures and all kind of decorative items for which the island is famous.
Travelling north on our boat trip we'll arrive at the fascinating island of Burano. Here you'll have free time to explore its patchwork of coloured houses, and its great cultural and artistic heritage. You can visit one of the famous museums, such as the lace museum, and the many shops that sell the local 'merletti' as it's known in Burano.
Then we'll meet again at the Burano pier to head back to Venice, arriving at the Riva degli Schiavioni pier at around 2:15 pm.
When making your reservation, please select one of the following meeting points:
- Santa Lucia Pier: (Ponte della Costituzione) next to the KFC restaurant at the Santa Lucia Station, leaving at 10:00 am.
- Riva degli Schiavioni Pier: in front of Palazzo Cornoldi, 10 minutes walking from St. Mark's Square and leaving at 10:30 am.
More Time in Murano and Burano
If you would like, you can stay longer on these islands and return in the evening without any additional cost. In this case please let us know at the start of the tour.
If you would like to stay in Murano for longer, you'll leave the island around 15:45 and visit Torcello and Burano afterwards, returning to the centre at around 6:45 pm.
If you would like to stay in Burano for longer, you'll leave the island at around 6 pm and head directly to Venice, arriving around 6:45 pm.
The tour ends at Riva degli Schiavioni. If you would prefer to reserve a transfer to the train station, you can do so on the day of the tour, paying € 5 (US$ 6) to your local escort.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 10|
Children under 10US$ 11.90
4 hours - 8 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english and other languages.
Transport by boat.
Multilingual escort during the boat ride.
Visit to a glass blowing workshop in Murano.
Visit to a lace artisan in Burano.
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (9:50 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we bring luggage and pushchairs on the excursion?
A - Yes, as long as they are foldable.
Q - Is it possible to bring luggage and pushchairs on the excursion?
A - Yes, as long as they are foldable.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.