Ancient ruins, pyramids, aerial dances and an incredibly charming city are waiting for you on this wonderful day trip to El Tajín and Papantla.
Day Trip to El Tajín & Papantla
At 8 am your tour guide will come and pick you up from your hotel in Veracruz, and we'll head out on an approximately four-hour journey to the archaeological area of El Tajín.
When you get there, you'll have the chance to explore this old Totonac city. The Totonac culture played an incredibly important role in the history of Mexico, and you'll find out all about this, plus you're sure to be surprised by how well this area has been conserved. The most remarkable feature is, unquestionably, the Los Nichos Pyramid; with seven platforms, this puts the pyramids in Eqypt to shame!
After exploring El Tajín, your guide will take you to an area with multiple restaurants, and you'll have approximately an hour and a half to have lunch (not included).
With your batteries recharged, you'll then be taken to see an incredible show; the Danza de los Voladores de Papantla. This involves aerial dancers climbing a 65 feet (20 metres) pole, and then "flying" back down, whilst performing acrobatic stunts. It has to be seen to be believed!
Next, you'll get the chance to visit the El Tajín Museum, where you'll learn more about the fascinating Totonac culture, and you'll see even more archaeological ruins.
You'll then leave El Tajín behind, as the tour makes its way to Papantla. Here, you'll enjoy a guided tour of the city, where you'll discover the most emblematic places and you'll learn about the lifestyle in this area.
After a great day discovering one of the most important cultures in Veracruz, and in fact all of Mexico, the tour will come to an end and you'll be dropped back at your hotel at approximately 8:30 pm.
Tour from Boca del Río
This tour leaves from Veracruz, but if you prefer, we also offer the same tour departing from Boca del Río.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Day trip in English||
Day trip in English
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 70.10
Children under 2 years oldFree
12 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Entrance to the places visited.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.