Enjoy a traditional Greek dance show in the famous Dora Stratou open-air theatre located on Philopappou Hill. Let the rhythms take you away!
Dora Stratou Theatre
Located on Philopappou Hill, also called Muse Hill, the iconic Dora Stratou Theatre is an open-air auditorium which recrates the legendary amphitheatres where the Ancient Greeks would watch mythical theatre productions. The venue is named after Dorothea Stratou, an Athenian intellectual who dedicated much of her life to promoting and spreading traditional Greek folk music and dance. Her books about Greek folklore contributed a huge amount to these popular dances, whose traditions have remained strong over time.
Traditional Greek Dance Show
As night falls over Athens, you'll enjoy a passionate dance performance at the Dora Stratou Theatre. In the perfect traditional setting of the Philopappou Hill, you'll watch the folklore show with the background of a beautiful sunset.
The dance show, which lasts approximately 90 minutes, tells Greek folklore tales through traditional dancing. The musical representation means that anyone, regardless of their native language, can understand and enjoy the magic of the show!
A cast of 75 will perform the most traditional music and dance pieces of the country in typical Greek dress: a true cultural immersion that you'll never forget!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
|Greek dance show||
Greek dance show
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 5.50
Children under 5 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
Entrance to the traditional Greek dance show at Dora Stratou Theatre.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (7:15 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).
Dora Stratou Theatre.