Discover the delights of the South Valley of Cusco: explore the fascinating archaeological sites of Tipón and Pikillaqta and visit the traditional village of Andahuaylillas, home to the so-called Sistine Chapel of the Americas.
Cusco South Valley Tour: Tipón, Pikillaqta & Andahuaylillas
Having picked you up from your hotel at 8:30 am, we leave the historic centre of Cusco behind to visit the South Valley.
Through the stunning landscapes from Quispicanchis to Tipón, we arrive at the latter - a stunning Inca archaeological complex. Here we'll enjoy a guided tour, exploring the worship of water which took place here and highlighting its centrality to Incan worldview and religion.
Then the tour continues, visiting Pikillacta, another one of the important archaeological sites in the area, and one which predates the Incas - dating from the 15th century.
And the final stop on the tour is Andahuaylillas, a quaint traditional village, where we'll explore its streets and main square, as well as its picturesque chapel - known as the Sistine Chapel of the Americas, thanks to the beautiful paintings which cover the ceiling and the walls.
Having seen this masterwork, we'll head back to Cusco, leaving you near to Plaza de Armas at 2:30 pm.
Cusco Tourist Card
By reserving the Cusco Tourist Card, you'll get access to numerous attractions in and around the historic city and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. There are different options to choose from depending what you want to see and how long you're spending in Cusco!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2|
Children under 2Free
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Pick up from hotel and drop off in central Cusco.
English and Spanish speaking guide
Entry to Andahuaylillas: S/ 10 (US$ 2.80) per person.
Entry to Tipón and Pikillaqta: S/ 70 (US$ 19.90) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).