Get a slice of Highland life on this day trip to western Scotland, taking in one of its most scenic lochs, the old capital of Stirling, and the Trossachs: land of William Wallace and Rob Roy.
Departing Edinburgh, we travel westwards for our first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond; one of the prettiest and largest lochs in the whole of Scotland. Here you have the option of an hour-long cruise with spectacular views of the loch's many islands and surrounding mountains. Alternatively, take a stroll through the picturesque lochside village of Luss; with its quaint houses, cafes and stunning views across the Loch's western shoreline.
We continue through the Trossachs National Park; known as 'the Highlands in Miniature' for its abundance of lochs, mountains and forests. It's also famous as the home of the legendary outlaw, Rob Roy MacGregor. We will spend time exploring the area before stopping for lunch in a small village immersed in its beautiful surroundings.
After lunch, we make our way through the town of Callander, past the medieval Doune Castle before making our final stop of the day at Stirling Castle. This is one of Scotland's most historically significant fortresses, sitting high on volcanic rock and offering wonderful views of the surrounding landscape. You will have time to visit the castle and learn of the exploits of key historical figures including William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots, before hitting the road again, back to Edinburgh.
- The Loch Lomond boat cruise and entry to Stirling Castle are optional extras
- This tour may occasionally run in reverse, beginning in Stirling and ending at Loch Lomond.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 16 are welcome on this tour, but unfortunately we are not able to accept children under the age of 5
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 35% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
English Language Tour
Children (5-16)US$ 49.70
Seniors (60+)US$ 49.70
* The price varies based on the chosen date
9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Travel in a luxury air
Written translations on request
Entrance to attractions.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the entrance fee for Stirling Castle? And how long is spent in the castle?
A - £15 adults, £12 seniors, £9 children. A tour of the castle takes about 1.5 hours.
Q - How much does the hour long cruise cost?
A - £11 for adults.
Q - Is there a fee for the National Park?
A - There is no fee to enter the National Park.
Q - Is it possible to purchase the tickets from the attractions before going on the tour?
A - Tickets for the cruise and Stirling Castle can be purchased at both venues, there is no need to buy them in advance.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE