Have you always dreamt of zooming through the snowy forests of Lapland at top speed? Glide over Rovaniemi's icy plains and feel the adrenaline rush of driving a snowmobile through this winter wonderland.
After being picked up from your hotel in Rovaniemi, you'll be kitted out with thermals: overalls, jacket, gloves, boots and everything else you need to protect you from the frosty Finnish weather. Your English-speaking guide will give you a lesson on driving the snowmobile, and before you know it you'll be speeding through Lapland's snow-covered evergreens.
For approximately an hour, you'll drive through the frozen countryside, enjoying views of Rovaniemi's stunning natural beauty as you bounce over the snow. If this is the first time that you've driven a snowmobile, you'll discover how comfortable and intuitive they are to handle. Experience the rush of adrenaline as you speed across Lapland!
For the finishing touch on your snowmobile adventure, enjoy a hot drink and biscuits to warm you up before you return to your hotel in Rovaniemi.
- Please note: the prices indicated are per snowmobile.
- When making your reservation, if you choose the "Two Drivers" option you'll have the opportunity to change driver during the snowmobile ride, should you wish.
- It is necessary to bring your valid driving license on the day of the tour to be able to drive the snowmobile.
Hotel pick up
Hotel pick up is included from accommodation located within a 6 mile (10 km) radius of Rovaniemi city centre. After making your reservation, the local tour provider will contact you directly to confirm your exact pick up time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Adult sharing a snowmobileUS$ 108.80
One adultUS$ 176.50
Children from 4-14US$ 65.50
Children under 4Free
2 hours - 3 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Thermal clothing and essential equipment.
One hour snowmobile drive.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
You will receive an email with your ticket attached which you must print out and show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Where will we change into our thermal clothing and leave our belongings?
A - In the offices of the local tour provider.
Q - What happens if the snowmobile gets damaged?
A - Before the activity begins you'll have to sign a document to cover damage to the snowmobile should this happen during the activity.
Q - Do the snowmobiles come with insurance? Is medical insurance included?
A - Our providers have insurance for the snowmobiles, clients should sign this before the activity and if the vehicles are damaged the client could be liable for an excess of up to €1500. Therefore the provider suggests that each client has their own insurance to cover this. Medical insurance is included, covering charges of up to 1 million euros.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).