Spend a day in paradise discovering the incredible beaches of Rocky Cay and Acuario: walk on pristine white sands and swim in the sparkling turquoise Caribbean Sea. Unmissable!
Rocky Cay & Acuario Tour
After meeting up at the pier in San Andres, you'll climb aboard a boat for the short cruise south to Acuario Cay. Also known as Rose Cay or simply "The Aquarium", this is one of the island's most beautiful sandbanks, and gets its name from the incredible number of tropical fish that swim in its unbelievably clear turquoise waters.
You'll have approximately two hours of free time at Acuario Cay: sunbathe on the warm white sands, swim or snorkel in the crystalline Caribbean Sea or maybe even make your way to Haynes Cay, a spit of sand covered in palm trees where you can find stalls filled with local food for lunch.
At around midday, it'll be time to head to your next destination: Rocky Cay. The tiny islet, which is little more than a stretch of rock jutting out of the sea, is the ideal place to explore the marine life of the Caribbean even further. You'll have an hour of free time to swim and snorkel in the sea, and look out for shipwreck on the horizon!
Your excursion will come to an end at around 1:30 pm, when you'll be dropped back off at the Portofino Pier in San Andres.
- The maximum age is 65 years old.
- Pregnant women are not allowed on this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 18.75
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport to Rocky Cay.
Transport to Acuario Cay.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).