Follow in the footsteps of the pilgrims that sought shelter in Santigo when you take this tour of the majestic Hostal de los Reyes Católicos. Discover the history and art of this historic refuge at the end of the famous Way of St. James.
Hostal de Los Reyes Católicos Guided Tour
We will meet up at 11 am in front of the Hostal de los Reyes Católicos, in the Plaza del Obradoiro square. This old hospital, which has been converted into a hotel, is one of the best examples of Spain's ornate 'plateresque' architectural style of the 15th century. It was constructed by the Catholic Monarchs to provide shelter to pilgrims who, on completing their journey, were tired, and often ill.
As we tour the different halls and rooms, you will hear all about the original function of the hospital as both accommodation and healthcare. We will pass through the four interconnected interior courtyards which feature beautiful water fountains until we reach the royal chapel where the poet Rosalía de Castro was baptized.
Our guided tour of the hostel continues by visiting the large dining rooms and the royal halls. Climbing the majestic staircase, we reach the bedrooms where the pilgrims rested and were taken care of. Strolling through these halls you will feel as if you have traveled back in time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12 years old||Retirees and pilgrims|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 6 to 12 years oldUS$ 9.70
Retirees and pilgrimsUS$ 9.70
1 hour 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Hostal de los Reyes Católicos.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Hostal de los Reyes Católicos.