Enjoy a magical sunset over the landscapes of Bolivia, explore the world's biggest salt flat and discover charming Andean villages on this two-day tour of the Salar de Uyuni and Tunupa Volcano.
Uyuni Salt Flat & Tunupa Volcano
Having picked you up from your hotel in Uyuni at 10 am on the first morning of your excursion, we'll set off to the world's largest salt flat, the famous Salar de Uyuni. On the way, we'll make a stop at the Train Cemetery, home to the rusting remains of hundreds of abandoned 20th century locomotives.
At the entrance to the salt flats is the picturesque village of Colchani, where we'll make a stop at a salt processing plant run by local artisans. We'll then reach the Salar de Uyuni itself, and we'll enjoy a stroll over this spectacular natural wonder. You'll be captivated by the seemingly-endless expanse of white desert!
We'll also visit Incahuasi, an island known for its giant cactuses, before making our way to a small town located on the slopes of the Tunupa Volcano: Coqueza. As well as taking in the dramatic natural beauty of the landscapes, we'll learn about the town and the origin of its name.
At the end of the day, we'll settle into the hotel before heading back out to watch a stunning sunset reflected on the Uyuni salt flat - an unforgettable experience!
After getting up bright and early for a hearty breakfast, we'll leave the hotel and set off to Coqueza, stopping on the way to visit the fascinating Chantani Art Museum.
Arriving at the foot of Tunupa Volcano, we'll begin climbing up the peak to a viewpoint from which we'll enjoy unparalleled views of the Salar de Uyuni. What's more, we'll visit the so-called mummies' cave, which houses the remains of an Andean family who inhabited the area more than eight centuries ago.
Having made the most of our time at the volcano, we'll make our way back to your hotel in Uyuni. On the way, we'll make stops so you can further enjoy the natural beauty of this area of Bolivia, before dropping you off around 5 pm.
This two-day tour includes one night's accommodation in Hotel Tayka de Sal.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 2 people||Up to 4 people||Up to 7 people|
|Private English language tour||
Private English language tour
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 780
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 980
Up to 7 peopleUS$ 1,200
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by private vehicle.
Meals and drinks.
1 night's stay at Taykja de Sal Hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).