Enjoy a relaxing day on two of the most beautiful islands on the Venetian lagoon: Murano and Burano. On the first island, you'll see the artisanal glass blowing which still goes on to this day.
Murano and Burano Day Trip Itinerary
After meeting at 10 am on a central pier in Venice, we'll climb aboard our boat, which will cruise the Venetian Lagoon on a tour lasting approximately four hours.
Following a brief boat trip, where our multilingual expert will explain the history of the Lagoon, we'll make our first stop on the picturesque island of Murano. Here we'll visit a glass blowing workshop, learning about the process by which they have made Murano's star product for centuries, making lamps, figures and all kind of decorative items for which the island is famous.
Travelling north on our boat trip we'll arrive at the fascinating island of Burano. Here you'll have free time to explore its patchwork of coloured houses, and its great cultural and artistic heritage. You can visit one of the famous museums, such as the lace museum, and the many shops that sell the local 'merletti' as it's known in Burano.
Then we'll meet again at the Burano pier to head back to Venice, arriving at the Riva degli Schiavioni pier at around 2:15 pm.
When making your reservation, please select one of the following meeting points:
- Santa Lucia Pier: (Ponte della Costituzione) next to the KFC restaurant at the Santa Lucia Station, leaving at 10:00 am.
- Riva degli Schiavioni Pier: in front of Palazzo Cornoldi, 10 minutes walking from St. Mark's Square and leaving at 10:30 am.
More Time in Murano and Burano
If you would like, you can stay longer on these islands and return in the evening without any additional cost. In this case please let us know at the start of the tour.
If you would like to stay in Murano for longer, you'll leave the island around 15:45 and visit Torcello and Burano afterwards, returning to the centre at around 6:45 pm.
If you would like to stay in Burano for longer, you'll leave the island at around 6 pm and head directly to Venice, arriving around 6:45 pm.
The tour ends at Riva degli Schiavioni. If you would prefer to reserve a transfer to the train station, you can do so on the day of the tour, paying € 5 (US$ 5.60) to your local escort.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10|
US$ 22.50 US$ 11.30
US$ 11.30 US$ 5.60
AdultsUS$ 22.50 US$ 11.30
Children under 10US$ 11.30 US$ 5.60
* The price increases on the 31 July
4 hours - 8 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Transport by boat.
Multilingual escort during the boat ride.
Visit to a glass blowing workshop in Murano.
Visit to a lace artisan in Burano.
50% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:50 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we bring luggage and pushchairs on the excursion?
A - Yes, as long as they are foldable.
Q - Is it possible to bring luggage and pushchairs on the excursion?
A - Yes, as long as they are foldable.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).