Travel through the northern Spanish region with this Basque Coast Day Trip. Discover its main tourist attractions including Getxo, Butron Castle, Mungia, Bermeo, San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, the Urdaibai Reserve and Gernika.
Basque Coast Day Trip
After picking you up at the hotel we'll go to the estuary. Along its right bank, we'll head to the industrial villages of Barakaldo, Sestao and Portugalete.
Our first stop will be the famous Getxo Suspension Bridge, where you'll have free time to take magnificent photographs of the area.
The tour continues passing by the imposing Butron Castle (45 metres high). From here we'll head towards the coast and arrive at San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, a beautiful hermitage clinging to a rock and surrounded by the sea. If you wish, you can go up to the viewpoint (not included) to see the impressive views.
Following on, we'll reach Bermeo, a charming fishing village. Continuing along the coast, we'll pass through Mundaka, to see the most beautiful landscapes of the region, including the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve.
Our last stop will be the emblematic town of Gernika, to learn about its history and visit its famous Casa de Juntas and its Tree. As we return to Bilbao we'll cross the beautiful landscapes of the interior of Bizkaia, arriving at the starting point around 2 pm.
For reservations made with only 1 adult and 1 or more children, a minor must pay the adult rate.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 38.80
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up.
Transport by bus or minibus.
Official English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will we stop in Mundaka?
A - No. We'll pass by Mundaka and you can observe the beauty of its landscape.
Q - How long is the stop in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe?
A - We'll stop for 15 minutes in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).