Throughout history, there have been grand displays of love. With this tour of the Taj Mahal tomb from Delhi you will discover one of the most amazing in India.
Taj Mahal Private Day Trip from Delhi
This tour comes with two different options, sunrise tour and morning tour:
Taj Mahal Sunrise Tour
We will collect you from your hotel in Delhi at 3 am and head south to Agra, the old capital of the Mughal Empire. After approximately three hours we will arrive at our first stop - the Taj Mahal. Considered one of the seven wonders of the world, this grand marble mausoleum from the 18th century has become the quintessential symbol of India.
With the first light of morning, we will tour the Islamic, Persian and Turkish style gardens which surround the Taj Mahal before entering the temple to contemplate its ornate interior. While we explore the magnificent complex, the guide will reveal the story of how it became a memorial to the emperor’s deceased wife, the beautiful Mumtaz Mahal.
After visiting the Taj Mahal, we continue our tour at Agra Fort, the largest in the country. This grand red citadel has been declared a World Heritage Site. Are you familiar with the legends of this place?
To recharge our batteries, we will head to a local restaurant, where you can enjoy a delicious typical breakfast (not included). After eating, we will visit best viewpoint of the Taj Mahal on the banks of the Yamuna River.
Finally, we will return to the vehicle and head back to Delhi, arriving around 1:00 pm.
Taj Mahal Morning Tour
If you're not keen to get up quite so early, this tour has the same itinerary, but pick up is at 6:30 am.
The tour begins banks of the river Yamuna for a guided tour around the Taj Mahal, considered to be one of the seven wonders of the world. Then around midday we'll head to Agra to see its fort build by Emperor Akbar, it's one of the largest and most luxurious in all India. After having lunch in a local restaurant in Agra at around 1 pm we will then enjoy more spectacular views of the Taj Mahal from the banks of the Yamuna River - the perfect end to the perfect day.
Still captivated by the stunning Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, we'll head back to Delhi or the airport, with the tour arriving back around 6 pm.
The price does not include tickets to the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort. The total price of both tickets is 30 dollars per adult.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 2 people||Up to 5 people||Up to 12 people|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 120
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 148
Up to 12 peopleUS$ 285
10 - 12 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel or Delhi airport pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking tour guide.
Entrance to the Taj Mahal (around 2,100 INR, $30, €26).
When to book?
You can book up until 3 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.