Delhi is the scent of spices, curry, and exotic foods. If you want to experience the tastes of the city, this gastronomy tour is the best way to do it. Are you hungry?
We will meet at the Digambar Jain Lal temple, located in the heart of the Chandni Chowk district, one of the oldest in Delhi. From there, we start our walking food tour to taste the typical dishes of India. If you are passionate about trying new food, this is a great opportunity!
We will tour the streets of this neighbourhood which is famous for its numerous food stalls. This is where we make a stop so that you can savour some of the enormous variety of regional recipes: samosa (filled pastries), Puri bread, Sajjige (semolina sweet), the famous fruit and cheese sandwich, and, of course, the typical curry dishes. Delicious!
After we will take you for a typical cup of tea from the region. Did you know that in India this has been drunk with fruit for more than 100 years? We will also offer a sweet treat that will leave you dreaming of its delicious taste.
The food tour through Delhi finishes at the Jama Masjid mosque.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Per personUS$ 13.50
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Traditional food tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
At the main entrance to the Digambar Jain Lal temple.