This full-day combo walking-tour is the best way to discover two of Rome’s most impressive areas. Discover several of the city’s most fascinating attractions in just six hours.
Explore some of Rome’s most-visited sights led by an expert guide and walk straight into the Vatican Museums, Colosseum, Roman Forum and the Palatine with priority access.
Follow the knowledgeable guide on a captivating tour around the Vatican City and discover three of its most unique treasures:
- Vatican Museums
- Sistine Chapel
- St Peter's Basilica
And as well as the historical explanation, your guide will tell stories of betrayal and even lust! If you wish you can climb up to St Peter's Dome during the hour and a half of free time.
The dress code to enter St Peter’s Basilica is quite strict. Men and women must have their shoulders and knees covered. It is preferable for men to wear long trousers.
Afternoon, Ancient Rome
After visiting the Vatican City, you’ll have time to eat at your own leisure and then meet your guide in the afternoon to continue the visit. The afternoon tour's itinerary is the same as the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine guided tour. You’ll visit the following landmarks:
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
To guarantee safety regarding Covid-19, throughout August 2020 access to St. Peter's Basilica from the Sistine Chapel will be closed, therefore we will not visit the Basilica during the tour. Entrance, however, is free, and you can access it from St. Peter's Square.
Please note that St Peter’s Basilica and/or the Sistine Chapel can close without prior notice. If this should happen on the day of your visit, you will have more time to explore other parts included in the guided tour. During Easter week St. Peter's Basilica may close for important ceremonies.
- Without pick up: you should make your own way to the meeting point both in the morning and afternoon. We recommend taking the matreo to the Vatican (line A - Ottaviano) and to the Colosseum (Line B - Colosseo)
- With pick up and transfer: this tour includes pick up at your hotel an hour before the start time, and transfer from the Vatican to the Colosseum, with time to eat in between. Pick up takes place 1 hour before the tour is due to begin. This service is available for all accommodation in an 8 km radius of the meeting point. The tour ends at the Colosseum and does not include return transport to your hotel.
Other activities in The Vatican
You can see other activities in The Vatican with the following link.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
|Tour without pick up||
US$ 117.80 US$ 104.90
US$ 89.50 US$ 76.60
|Tour with pick up and transfer||
US$ 141.40 US$ 128.40
US$ 113.10 US$ 100.20
Tour without pick up
AdultsUS$ 117.80 US$ 104.90
Children from 6 to 12US$ 89.50 US$ 76.60
Children under 6Free
Tour with pick up and transfer
AdultsUS$ 141.40 US$ 128.40
Children from 6 to 12US$ 113.10 US$ 100.20
Children under 6Free
8 hours - 10 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Full day tour with priority access to the Vatican Museums, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Expert English speaking guide.
Individual headsets during the tour.
Pick up at the hotel and transportation to the Colosseum (optional).
11% discount on the official ticket price.
Climbing up St Peter's Basilica's dome.
Drop off at hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long is the rest time between tours?
A - Rest depends on thetime of year, in summer it's normally 3 hours and in the winter an hour and a half. The exact time of the colosseum tour will be confirmed on the day of the tour.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
Viale Giulio Cesare 229, in front of the Giulio Cesare cinema (A Ottaviano Metro)