Let yourself be seduced by the beautifully rugged landscapes of the Ons Islands on this day trip from Santiago de Compostela. Connect with nature walking along their deserted beaches, discovering their cliffs and exploring their hidden routes.
Ons Islands Day Trip
At the scheduled time on the morning of the excursion, we'll meet up at the Capela do Pilar Church where our bus will be waiting to take us from Santiago de Compostela to Portonovo, a journey of approximately two hours. Arriving in this small coastal town, we'll board a boat to sail over the Galician waters towards the Ons Islands, located in the Pontevedra Estuary.
This archipelago, which is part of the Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park, is home to countless enchanting attractions with which visitors can't help but fall in love: virgin beaches, rugged cliffs, unparalleled viewpoints and trails across the islands.
We'll disembark on Ons, the larger of the islands, where we'll set off on a hiking trail for around an hour and a half, accompanied by a guide who will tell us all about the way of the life on the isles, a place where very few people live all year round. We'll get to walk through the village of Ons and we'll make a stop at a viewpoint for excellent views of the neighbouring Onza Island.
After our trek, you'll have free time to eat lunch (not included), connect with nature and let yourself feel the magic of this unique natural space. And if you're not put off by the temperature of the Atlantic, you'll also have the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing dip in the sparkling waters of the Ons Islands. A true paradise!
At around 5:30 pm, we'll leave Ons behind and return to Portonovo. You'll be dropped back off in Santiago de Compostela at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 58.30
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Transport from Santiago de Compostela.
Boat from Portonovo.
Guided tour of the Ons Islands.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Capela do Pilar Church.