Get to know the south of Galicia on this day trip to Vigo and Baiona from Santiago de Compostela. Immerse yourself in the historic towns and natural landscapes of the Rías Baixas!
Vigo & Baiona Day Trip
On the morning of the excursion, we'll meet up at 9 am at the Capela do Pilar Church in the heart of Santiago de Compostela, ready to embark on our route to the south of Galicia.
Our first destination will be Vigo, the largest city in Galicia. Having reached the Atlantic city, we'll visit its maritime port, one of the most important in Spain. We'll wander through the steep streets of the city to get to know the old town, heading towards the Praza Porta do Sol, one of the main plazas and home to two of Vigo's most emblematic sculptures: the Siren and Dinoseto. We'll then head uphill to Monte do Castro, a peak from which will enjoy unparalleled views over the estuary. This view will be well worth the climb!
At around 1 pm, we'll arrive in the next stop on our tour: the picturesque town of Baiona. We'll stroll through its narrow streets and marvel at its historic castle, which has been converted into a parador, or luxury hotel. After our tour of Baiona, you'll have free time to eat in the area. Don't miss this opportunity to taste the delicious local seafood! You could also take a walk on the beach or, if the weather's good, take a dip in the sea.
At the end of the day, we'll make the return journey to Santiago de Compostela, arriving back at the Capela do Pilar at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 26.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport by bus.
Official English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Santiago de Compostela local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Capela do Pilar Church.