Bring the best possible souvenir back from your trip to Varanasi: the memory of a mouth-watering dinner with a local family and the knowledge of how to recreate it at home!
Cooking Class & Dinner with an Indian Family
On the day of your activity, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Varanasi and taken to the home of a local family, where you'll be welcomed with open arms ready to begin an unforgettable experience of the world of Indian traditions and cuisine.
Your cooking class will begin with an introduction to the basics of typical Indian food: from the best and most popular ingredients to use, to top tips on how to cook them and the most traditional recipes from Varanasi and from the country as a whole. You'll soon understand how Indian gastronomy is considered one of the most delicious in the world.
Then, it will be time to get your hands dirty. Guided by your host family, you'll learn how to prepare the dishes that you'll feast on later. Discover how to cook pakoras, samosas, rice dishes and - for a sweet treat - gulab jamun served in kheer, a sugary syrup.
Finally, you'll all sit down at the table together and taste the results of your Indian cooking lesson! As well as indulging in the mouth-watering delicacies that you've created, you'll learn about the customs practiced by locals in Varanasi before they begin eating. A magical cultural experience that you'll never forget!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 27.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Indian cooking class with a local family.
Tasting dinner (drink, starter, main and dessert).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).