Explore Salamanca, Spain’s most famous Renaissance city and then head to Ávila, surrounded by a perfectly well-preserved city wall during a full-day guided trip from Madrid.
Avila and Salamanca Day Trip
Greet your English-speaking guide in front of Las Ventas metro station at 7:45 am and board a comfortable coach that will head off to Ávila and Salamanca, both listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The first stop will be Salamanca, Spain’s most popular Renaissance city. You will wander through its main cobbled-stone roads until you get to the Plaza Mayor, one of the most impressive squares in Europe.
Then, you’ll continue to Plaza de Anaya, where you’ll admire the city’s two cathedrals: the New Cathedral of Salamanca and the Old Cathedral of Salamanca. You’ll also visit the city’s epicenter, where the University of Salamanca, the country’s first founded university, is located. Every year thousands of students from every nationality flock to study in this prestigious university. Don’t forget to look for the famous frog that is hidden in the building's façade.
You will have approximately one hour to eat at your own leisure. Your guide will recommend the best restaurants to try typical Spanish cuisine.
With a full belly, you'll hit the road to Avila, famous for its medieval city walls. During your tour of the town, you’ll marvel at the Ávila Cathedral, a spectacular fortified twelfth century church. You’ll also visit San Vicente Basilica, a beautiful Spanish Romanesque styled building and the 2,500 metres of medieval walls.
After visiting Ávila, you’ll be back in Madrid at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 85.90
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Return transportation by coach.
Official English speaking guide.
Entrance to visit the Cathedral of Salamanca and Cathedral of Ávila at your own pace.
When to book?
You can book up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Las Ventas metro station. The exit is Calle Julio Camba.