Discover Madrid's Palacio Real, one of the largest palaces in Europe, and delve into the history of the Spanish Royal Family on this guided tour.
Madrid Palace Guided Tour
Greet your guide at 12 pm midday in Madrid's Plaza de Isabel II, next to the exit of the Ópera metro station. From there, we'll make our way to the Plaza de Oriente ready to visit the beautiful Palacio Real, which we'll access though a fast-track entrance.
Skip the long lines and step straight into the largest Royal Palace in Western Europe, which is double the size of the Buckingham Palace and the famous Versailles Palace.
Over an hour and a half, you'll stroll through the Palace’s grandiose rooms and halls, including the Gasparini Hall, the Porcelain Room, and the majestic Throne Room or Mirror Room. You'll hear fascinating facts about the strict protocol followed in the palace.
After exploring the interior of the Royal Palace, we'll head to the Patio de Armas, home to the impressive Royal Armoury of Madrid, which you can visit at your leisure (not included). Its exhibitions are home to the personal arms, armour and shields of the Kings of Spain. It is considered the most important collection in Europe, along with the Armoury collection in Vienna. Please bear in mind that the Royal Armoury is closed on occasion for restoration.
At 1:45 pm, the tour will come to an end in one of the most appealing parts of the Palacio Real, the Campo del Moro, a fantastic English-style park located beneath the Palace. Not only is this garden enchanting, but it offers stunning views of the Royal Palace and is home to a number of peacocks too!
Combine and save money!
If you also want to visit the Prado Museum, you can book a combo ticket and save almost 15%:
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 65US$ 22.60
Children between 5 and 16 years oldUS$ 22.60
Children under 5 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line admission to the Royal Palace of Madrid.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to borrow a wheelchair during the tour?
A - There are wheelchairs available to be used by guests, but it is not possible to know their availability ahead of time.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Opera Metro Station exit.