Follow in the footsteps of the Corleone family, and explore the places where one of the most famous films in the history of cinema was shot.
The Godfather Film Tour
The tour meets by the Messina port, leaving behind the city on the road to Savoca, the home to crimes, extorsion, and deep family ties... Francis Ford Coppola chose this little medieval village known as "the city of the seven faces" as the scene for certain key moments in his masterwork: The Godfather.
As we go over the history of the Sicilian mafia, centred on the Corleone family, we'll discover places and key moments in the film. You'll have the opportunity to see the St. Nicholas Church, where the wedding of Michael and Apollonia was shot, or to sit in Al Pacino's very seat in the famous bar Vitelli.
And to cure the rumble in your stomach, we'll head to Forza d’Agro, stopping on a terrace in the area. An offer you can't refuse... And as you enjoy a delicious menu, you'll also make the most of a fest for the eyes, with incredible panoramic views.
Then after a brief tour of Forza d'Agro, we'll head back to Messina. The cherry on the cake comes in a tour of the historic centre, and the port of Messina, before the tour comes to an end at the pick up point.
At the restaurant in Forza d’Agro, you can choose between twelve aperitifs (made principally from fish) or three main dishes (various pasta with typical Sicilian sauces).
This day trip is available as a shore excursion for cruise passengers. If this is your situation when making the reservation you should indicate the name of the boat. We'll be waiting for you in the disembarkment area half an hour after the ship is due to arrive.
Between the 17th of November and the 31st of March, this tour will take place if there is a minimum of 8 participants. Should this not be the case, we will offer various alternatives.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Children from 6 to 12US$ 65.40
Children under 6Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned vehicle.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Via I Settembre.